Friday, December 25, 2009

I’m Choosin’ Us

Vs1

A friendship born on a grade school play yard

And soon a young romance sparked

His friends didn’t care for her, she wasn’t cool or popular

They couldn’t see the hold she had on his heart

Then one day in a high school hall cool moved into cruel

Told him he needed to ditch her , “she’s not good enough for you”

He took her hand as he told them clear, “you’ve got a lot to learn about love”

Kissed her and whispered in her ear, “I’m choosin” us”


Refrain

I’m choosin’ us

And in my heart I know I’m right

There’s no way I’m givin’ up

The best thing in my life

And you can trust

That in the good times and the worst

I’ll put our love first

I’m choosin’ us


Vs2

She understood his parents looked down

On the folks from her part of town

And in her heart she’d always known

She was never really welcome in their home

Listenin’ as he shared with them the decision he had made

She sadly thought of the price they’d have to pay

He told them the choice was clear, regret or happiness

Kissed her and whispered in her ear, “I’m choosin” us”


Repeat refrain


Vs3

Her family gathered round her bed as the doctor shared the news

We didn’t catch this quick enough and there’s little we can do

And we recommend that you leave her here

Where she’ll have her nurse and all she needs near

She turned to him and said “hon, please just take me home “

The children protested, “Dad, you can’t do this on your own”

And again for him the choice was clear, regret or happiness

Kissed her and whispered in her ear, “I’m choosin” us”


Last refrain



bjw 2009

No comments: