Sunday, November 2, 2008

Desert Place

(based on the temptation of Jesus in the desert)
 
(Acapella intro solo--refrain)
Why have you brought me to this desert  place
My eyes are burning and I can’t see your face
All my strength you’ve taken…left me here forsaken
Why have you brought me to this desert  place
 
Vs1
What is the purpose
What is the point
Hear your people calling for a king to anoint
Where is my army
Where is my throne
Why have you left me, Father, here all alone
 
Refrain
 
Vs2
You left me hungry
You left me thirsty
Tired and alone and left to Satan’s mercy
Time’s come to pass the test
Give you my very best
And rise victorious from this wilderness
 
Refrain
 
Bridge
Burning…heart on fire
Burning….my one desire
Burning…lift me higher, Lord

2nd Refrain
I’ll rise victorious from this wilderness
Calling on Your power I’ll pass Satan’s test
Resist temptation ….know God’s salvation
I’ll rise victorious from this wilderness
 
©Bobby Watts/Matthew Watts 2008

No comments: